Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Charming Prince

My True Prince Charming
“Wishes can come true if you believe. The trick is to believe with your heart for dreams and wishes can really come true if you believe.”
As a young girl, I did what most young girls would do. I would look in the stare in the mirror and fill my mind with hopes and dreams. I would fill my heart and soul with special wishes that one day I would fall in love and meet my prince charming. I closed my eyes and wished a wonderful prince charming would carry me away to a beautiful castle where I would live happily ever after with him forever.
Repeatedly, I dreamt we would wed and that magical day would be the most special day of my life. A day where I finally would be able to live life as a princess having with everyone’s eyes focusing on me.
My gown would look like the storybook princess Cinderella and I would walk down the aisle with Cinderella’s glass slippers. My father would walk me down the aisle and unveil me to my prince charming, my true love, and my soul mate, then we would live happily ever after.
As years past, I searched for my prince charming, but he was nowhere to be found.  I remember one day walking the broad walk in New Jersey with my girlfriend Marie as we passed a fortuneteller. Marie suggested that we stop and to see what the future had in store for us.
I sat down across from the gypsy who softly took my hands and asked to see my palms.   I open my hands up and let her see the lines on my hand that lead the destiny of my future. She said to me, I see a man in your future. The next man you meet will be your soul mate. This man will show you how to love; he will unlock the doors in your life that have not yet too been opened. He is your soul mate. You will marry this man and he will become a doctor. You will have three children with him and you will spend the rest of your life with man.
I looked at my friend Marie and smiled. For her words of wisdom seemed too good to be true. I chuckled and said, “Yeah right!” She told me the lines on your hands do not lye, the next man you meet will be your soul mate or as you as you say, “your prince charming.” 

I turned my head quickly and looked directly into the gypsies eyes. She looked directly at me and said, “watch and you will see.” We walked out of the gypsy’s room and we did not pay too much attention to what she has said because it seemed too good to be true.
Marie and I were both nineteen at the time and we were on enjoying our last summer as teenagers. Both of us were accepted into Stockton College, in Pomona, New Jersey and we decided to take our college English courses over the summer to get them out of the way.
 The Following day we rolled out of bed. Both of were not morning people. We hopped into the shower threw our hair in a pony tail, put on our jogging suits and headed to Dunkin Donuts for coffee to wake ourselves up before we started our first day of college. Good old Dunkin Donuts to start the day off! I would have never survived college without my extra large cup of French vanilla coffee. My precious cup of French vanilla coffee would wake give and me up me my little caffeine boost in the morning.
We walked into the college everything seemed so grown up, no more passing notes to our friends and skipping school. It was now time to become responsible adults and I swore to myself that I was going to take college seriously and become the well-educated cosmopolitan girl I always wanted to be.
As the professor went on and on talking about the importance of having a correct understanding of the English language, I could see a man from the other side of the classroom staring at me from the corner of my eye. His eyes were glued to me and I could see him staring at me, so finally I turned my head, bugged my eyes out at him, and made a face like a frog.
His faced turned bright red of pure embarrassment. That day The English professor asked us to pick a topic and she told us we were to head down to the library to do research and begin a report on the subject we picked.
Every one headed down to the library got the materials they needed and sat down to begin the report. The man who was staring at me was named, Michael. He sat down next to me in the library. I asked him what he was doing his report on, he said, “Gotti.”   I knew then that this was the man for me. A true Ginny! This was the time when the movie, “Good fellows” was popular and everyone looked at Gotti as if he was some kind of celebrity instead of a criminal or bad guy.
We talked for a while and got to know each other a little better. He asked me if I would like to go on a date. I told him yes. The next day he picked me up. We went on a twelve-hour date! We did everything you could imagine that day. He took me out to dinner, we went to the movies, we played miniature golf, we walked the broad walk and in the middle of the date, he asked if we could go back to his house because his parents were away and he wanted to make sure his teenage brothers were all right.
My heart sank down to my knees. I never met a person so sweet, so kind, and so responsible. My life was beginning to change from that moment. I had no idea what was in store, but deep down inside I knew that he was the one for me.    That night we walked together on the beach arm in arm, on a clear moonlit night. We kissed on the sand. He kept me warm with his muscular arms. He made me feel so special. 
On the outside, he looked strong and muscular, but on the inside, he had softness about himself. He was like a Grundy Teddy Bear sitting a shelf waiting to be hugged and cared for. 

As we walked the sandy beaches we talk some more. I asked him, so what are you studying? He looked over to me and said, I am studying to become a doctor. I am taking my basic classes at Brookdale College then I am heading off to school to become a chiropractor.
A cold chill crawled up my spine as I thought what the fortuneteller told me. What is wrong? You have a stunned look on your face. I said, “Oh nothing I just got a chill from the breezy wind.
After our date, he drove me home and gave me a short sweet kiss. His lips were so soft and his green eyes could light up the room. We said our goodbyes and I headed in the house. 

My girlfriend Marie was sleeping over that night because we had class in the morning. She was already fast asleep. I remember jumping on the bed filled with joy and excitement. As I was starting jumping on the bed screaming, I met the guy from the Brady Bunch! I started singing the song, “Here’s a story of a lovely lady who was raising three girls of her own and then I was slammed with this huge pillow as she yelled back, “would you shut up and go to sleep we got class in the morning!”
Our love was growing each day. We spent every free moment together and we demonstrated such outstanding affection for each other. We held hands we kissed continually and enjoyed the warm summer months together.
As the warm summer months soon ended, both of us had to get ready to go way to college. We continued to write love letters to each other, we talked on the phone and saw each other on the holidays.
The years past, and our lover grew stronger passing day. Distance was not a problem. I would close my eyes and think that he was next to me. Every hour we spent away from each other, each hour of separation that our lips did not yet kiss, because of the hours between us. I knew when he gets home I will be embraced with his hugs and affection. I was always waiting filled with  joy and happiness just like the first day, we met.
Then finally, after five years of dating, one beautiful spring night he took me on a dinner cruise. We walked hand in hand down a quite dark stairway. To my surprise there awaited was a dark room lit up with 100 vanilla candles surrounding the room. There was one table in the center of the room. The table had a candlelit dinner awaiting us. 

He walked me to the center of the room as the essence of the vanilla candles filled the room with the romantic lyrics of Sinatra in the background. Michael got on his knees and softly held my hand as he proposed to me. Without any hesitation, I said I do.
Months later, we got married. I had my Cinderella gown especially made for the occasion. I was covered in lace and pearls. The isle and banquet hall was covered with roses of every color. As we walked over to my groom to be, my father unveiled me and there in front of me stood my prince charming.   
Until this day, our marriage remains as wonderful as the first day we met. Each day is a celebration. We celebrated our love that we are able to share with each other as soul mates. Each day we continue to grow in our relationship and explore new eras of our lives. 

As the fortuneteller had predicted that, hot summer night. My husband graduated school and became a chiropractor and we did have three children just as she said, Michael, Alexis and Anthony are their names. I guess dreams really do come true and the lines on your hands can really define your future’s destiny. However, the trick is to believe with your heart for dreams and wishes can really come true if you believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment